Tuesday

Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

A quote from The Catcher in the Rye which doubles as a Bring Me The Horizon song, so that just makes "Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody" so much more well... amazing and quotable than anything else. Ever. However, it's not a very befitting title seeing as this is a happy blog! "A happy blog?! What?!" Yes, it is official. I've finished my whole 'I hate the world and everything and everybody that dwells upon it' phase, and I'm back to loving everybody and everything again. Which is both good and bad, because my sarcasm and cynicism was in its prime, but overall it's good because it means I'm nicer to be around. So "how did this come about?" you ask. Honestly, I have no idea, it was a lot of things really. I realised that there are people who do care about me. I also went and had a chat with the counsellor and took what she said on board and it's really helped. The biggest thing though was that I realised that I can't dwell on what's happened in my past because I can't change it. It will always be there and it's a part of who I am today. What's done can't be undone. I can't stop everything and completely shut down.
Life goes on and time does heal all wounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment