Sunday

To Build A Home

There is a house built out of stone
Wooden floors, walls and window sills
Tables and chairs worn by all of the dust
This is a place where I don't feel alone
This is a place where I feel at home

Cause, I built a home
for you
for me

Until it disappeared
from me
from you

And now, it's time to leave and turn to dust

Out in the garden where we planted the seeds
There is a tree as old as me
Branches were sewn by the color of green
Ground had arose and passed it's knees

By the cracks of the skin I climbed to the top
I climbed the tree to see the world
When the gusts came around to blow me down
I held on as tightly as you held onto me

I've been listening to 'To Build A Home' by The Cinematic Orchestra lots lately. It's a beautiful song. A good friend of mine made me listen to it, usually when she tells me a song to listen to I'll listen to it once then never think about it again but this song really stuck with me. Later she sent me a video of her singing it and I thought it was beautiful. Just like her. Sometimes I like to watch the video when I miss her and, be if for a split second or 5 minutes, it makes me forget the physical distance between us. On top of this I just think that the lyrics and overall song are beautiful.

Anyway onto what's been happening lately. Well I go back to
school on Monday, ew. I've had a week off of school for Spring Break but honestly it feels as if it's only been a couple of days. I'm quite proud of myself because I have had a wild night or to just like the crazy American teenagers who come to mind when I hear the words 'spring break'. Unfortunately my plans to use the break to get ahead on my school work over the break fell through and I've yet to actually do any homework. Erk.

On Friday I went up to Hanoi with dad and we spent the day tasting coffee, and I don't think I want to have another cup of coffee for the rest of my life. I felt so sick afterwards and I also have a very low caffeine tolerance; I get the shakes. In the afternoon I went to Hanna's house and we went out that night.

Overall the break has been pretty good but it has had it's pitfalls:
1) As of last night I no longer have a phone. It went missing last night. We've tried calling it but who ever has it has turned it off.
2) The strap on my favourite floral dress broke but there's nothing to worry about as it can easily be fixed.
3) I was
ted a lot of time.
4) My mum found the pipe which I bought as a joke and she didn't appreciate the humour.
5) I did/said some embarrassing things. Owh well, it was all in good fun and nobody was hurt.

Some of the highlights of the break were:
1) Seeing friends
2) Some other people noticed/commented on the fact that my hair is now a little longer. Excellent!
3) Mum came back from Thailand with presents: 2 new floral skirts (yippee!), a much needed new blush brush, a pair of heels, a pair of flats, and a copy of NYLON. She also came back safe and sound which was nice as well.
4) I did some reading.
5) I did lots of diary writing.
6) I slept lots.

Since I haven't been doing homework and have had a lot of spare time on my hands I've done some thinking about the future, and now have a vague idea of what I want to do in that time between high school and uni. I've told my parents and they seemed to be more amused by my plans than anything else. Hopefully those of you out there in the blogging world will appreciate them more than my parents did. So my plans. Lately I've been getting into yoga and I really love it so I was thinking of going off to India or somewhere for a few months to study under a Yogi. Hopefully then I'll be certified to teach yoga so if they whole going to uni thing falls through, becoming a yoga instructor could be my fall back plan. I think it'd be good and it's a nice change from what everybody else's plans which are just to "go crazy".

No comments:

Post a Comment