Saturday

I want to sleep in the city that never wakes up, and revel in nostalgia


Love's a risk, quite the little escapologist,
Love's so miffed, When you wish for a thousand places better than this, 
He wants to sleep in the city that never wakes up, 
Blinded by nostalgia he wants to sleep in the city that never wakes up, 
She was enraged, by the way, that the emperors were trapped in the cage, 
And the days, She'd seemed dull, The empty nights spent reading beer bottles, 
You're such a fugitive but you don't know what you're running from, 
You can kid us, You can't trick anyone, 
Houdini you don't know what you're running from, 
It's a loss just because, it wasn't all you thought it was, 
You're the fugitive but you don't know what you're running away from, 
She said "I want to sleep in the city that never wakes up and revel in nostalgia" 
He wants to sleep in the city that never wakes up, 
But Dorothy was right though

You should all go listen to "Old Yellow Bricks" by the Arctic Monkeys now. I've been listening to it non-stop.

It's late Saturday afternoon and I'm sitting here with my laptop on lap reflecting on the day that h
as passed and I am content. Unlike a lot of other days I feel like I actually did something today, and that makes me happy. 
The day didn't start out very well, I woke up at quarter to 8 on a Saturday morning. I was still tired so I wanted to go back to sleep but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't. So I decided to get up and do something which I haven't done in about a week: exercise. Usually just thinking about physical activity upsets me but this morning I genuinly felt like moving. It was weird. I didn't actually want to go outside though so I popped in a Gossip Girl DVD and watched while I rode the exercise bike. The time flew by, and it also rekindled my love for Gossip Girl. I love that show. All the beautiful people, beautiful clothes and dramatic storylines make me froth at the mouth. No lies. I especially love Leighton Meester, Blair. I think she's beautiful and she's one of my many girl crushes. After  my exercise and Gossip Girl I freshened up and did some sketching and painting. Lately I've been experimenting with water colours. I'm not too keen on them. I much prefer just using coloured pencils tbh. For lunch we had Thai food. It was waaaaay too spicy for me and I drank about a litre of water in one sitting. I fail at being Asian. After lunch mum and I went shoe shopping. I love shoe shopping here simply because when they tell you they don't have your size it's not as if it's your fault, like you can't go exercise and diet to make your feet smaller. You simply just can't help it, well as far as I know, and it isn't as bad for my self esteem. Sadly my feet are too big and there were no shoes in my size. I thought size 7/38 were normal, apparently not. Owh well. I was looking for plain black patent leather round toed heels for MUN in two weeks time. I already have a pair of black round patent leather round toed heels but they're sequined and well, I think, I'd look like a dick if I wore them in the day time. I guess they're not that noticable, anyway they'll be my last resort. They did have some shoes in my size but I'm really picky about shoes and a lot of the shoes here have disgusting and uneccessary decorations
on them that just completely ruin the whole shoe and they really put me off. I did actually find one nice pair of shoes which fit and everything but one of them was scratched and the lady wanted a ludicrous amount of money so my mother insisted that we barge out of the shop without a second glace. I'm kind of scared of her so I did as she said. While we were walking around some weird Vietnamese guys tried to trip me over and made some comments about me in Vietnamese. I hate it when they do that. Why can't I just walk around like a normal person without being called "fat", "ugly", having something perverted said about me or laughed and pointed at. It erks me. It wasn't as if I was asking for attention today either. I was wearing leggings and a baggy singlet with a cardi on top. What also really erks me is when guys who are like 30 do it; I'm 15 for fucks sake! Anyway that was my little rant for the day. So after coming home empty handed I got onto my tablet hoping to do some school work but ended up watching videos of Mitchell Davis on YouTube. I'm very easily distracted. But seriously, I love his videos; he's so funny. When I got home I also checked on my water colour experiment and I wasn't very impressed. The pictures don't turn out to well because: 
1) I suck at painting
2) I don't have small brushes to do all the ickle things so I just end up smudging it all
Maybe I'd like painting more if I had better brushes. Next time I'm near an arty shop I'll go buy some.

Psssssssssst, I also have a new blog header!

No comments:

Post a Comment